If you own a bar, nightclub, or restaurant that serves alcohol, it is important to protect yourself from potential financial losses with liquor liability insurance.
This coverage goes into effect if someone becomes inebriated to the extent that they cause damage to property or injury to others. Liquor liability insurance helps cover legal fees, court costs, and any damages awarded.
Another type of coverage that is commonly included in a liquor liability policy is assault and battery coverage. This coverage protects against liquor-induced fights or allegations.
While this insurance is necessary to protect yourself and your bar, nightclub, or restaurant, you can further reduce the risk of a claim by taking preventative measures:
- Don't serve alcohol to people who are clearly intoxicated.
- Train employees on how to handle intoxicated patrons.
- Require strict measuring of mixed drinks.
- Encourage designated drivers or taxi use.
- Provide employees with alcohol awareness training.
- Train security personnel to use nonviolent techniques.
You can get liquor liability limits up to $1,000,000 from the specialists at World Insurance Associates LLC. In addition to high limits, you can also receive a tailored policy for your specific needs and budget. As a high-volume broker in liquor liability insurance coverage, we can negotiate reduced prices from the carriers.
To request a free quote, complete the form on the right or give us a call at 732-380-0900.